This course takes place in the Graduate School Training Suite, where students will be provided with workstations with MATLAB installed.If you would like to use MATLAB on your own computer during the course then please make sure you have it installed before attending the first day.
Eligibility for MATLAB licences
Students and staff at UCL are able to use MATLAB on their own computers free of charge.
Instructions for downloading and activating are given on this page. Download the 'Installation Docs' for your appropriate operating system (Windows 32bit/Windows 64bit/Mac/Linux) and follow the instructions in the document.
This will involve:
- Downloading the MATLAB installer appropriate for your operating system
- Installing MATLAB
- Requesting a MATLAB licence key
- Giving MATLAB the licence key
- Choosing which toolboxes you wish to install
- (For this course we will not be making use of any of the toolboxes, but many of them are useful for example for image processing or doing parallel computation)
Students of staff and UCL are able to watch Lynda courses for free. We can recommend watching the course Up and running with MATLAB